Follow these Tips to Prevent Your Pets from Being Stolen
Getting a pet stolen or lost is a nightmare for every pet owner. If your dog escaped the house to chase another animal or wandered off to investigate something, there is a big possibility that it will not find its way home.
Here are the steps you can take to ensure that your pet will not get lost:
- Put an identification tag on your pet
- Put a leash on your pet
- Keep an eye on your pet when you go out
- Install a fence in your yard
- Ensure that your dog cannot dig under the fence
- Check your dog occasionally during your stopovers
- Just as you would with any member of your family, you need to pay attention to your pet when you go out.
- Ask your vet New Orleans, LA about microchips as pet identification. Many experts recommend it.