Learning About FLUTD (Feline Urinary Tract Disease)
Feline lower urinary tract disease or FLUTD (formerly known as a feline urologic syndrome or FUS), is a common disease that affects cats and does have a variety of causes.
There are several health problems that pitch into FLUTD such as UTI or urinary tract infection, crystals found in the urine, bladder stones, cystitis (or the inflammation of the bladder), bladder polyp, stress, cancer of the urinary tract, or even urethral plug.
The symptoms that show up or happen are the same even though there are a variety of root causes of FLUTD. The following are several of the symptoms of feline lower urinary tract disease or FLUTD:
· Repeated attempts to urinate
· Urination that is difficult or painful
· Only a small amount of urine or none passes even after forcing or straining to urinate
· Urine that contains some blood
· Improper elimination
· Specific changes in behavior
· Persistent licking of his behind
If your pet is showing symptoms of FLUTD, make an appointment with your animal hospital Marietta GA sooner rather than later. To know more, visit https://smyrnaveterinary.com/.