petsguide

Dogs and Chocolate

Chocolate can be such a wonderfully delicious treat, but it’s a treat for people only. Chocolate can be dangerous and in some cases fatal for dogs. Always keep your chocolate cookies, chocolate mixes, chocolate bars, etc. out of reach of your canine. If your dog eats chocolate, please call your vet. The more chocolate ingested the worse off your dog could be. Common signs of chocolate poisoning in dogs may include extreme thirst, diarrhea, unusual amounts of energy, pacing, shaking, or seizures. These symptoms can often take anywhere from 6 to 12 hours to appear. If you know your dog ate chocolate, please don’t wait. Call your vet and even the pet poison control to find out what you should do. In some cases, you will need to take your dog to your veterinarians Fort Myers, FL to induce vomiting to rid the system of chocolate.

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic