Signs Of A Broken Leg In Dogs
Fractures are generally classified as open or closed fractures. With open fractures, the signs are pretty obvious because the skin is split open and there is a leg bone protruding from where it’s broken. Bleeding is present and may be profuse in a number of cases. The dog will also suffer from a significant amount of pain. On the other hand, the only symptoms that you may see in dogs with closed fractures is limping or favoring a leg; in some instances, the dog may refuse to walk.
Other signs of a broken leg in dogs include the following:
- The leg appears twisted at an awkward angle.
- Swelling may be present
- Holding one leg up when the dog tries to walk
- Bruising of the area
- There may be a grinding or pupping sound on the affected leg bone
- Abnormal movement of the leg
- Whining, howling, or whimpering in pain
- Refusal to play or climb even a short flight of stairs
- Loss of appetite
Any sign indicating that your dog’s leg may be broken should be brought to the attention of a veterinarian Metairie, LA.
Click this link for more information: https://metairievets.com/