Do's Of Chihuahua Care
The size of the Chihuahua make them more vulnerable to certain risks. Owners should keep in mind what to do when taking care of this cutest dogs.
- A chihuahua should wear a harness instead of a collar. Collars exert pressure and stress on the dog’s windpipe or trachea, which can possibly lead to a collapsed trachea and respiratory difficulties.
- Keep your chihuahua’s pearly whites in good shape with a good home dental routine and regular dental checkups at the vet’s.
- Chihuahuas need proper socialization as early as possible. Even with their size, chihuahuas can develop undesirable habits brought about by a lack of socialization.
- Steer clear of pet food with artificial additives as chihuahuas are highly reactive to these ingredients.
- Apply a good quality paw wax on your pet. The product can protect your pet’s paws from pollen, ice-melt products, and chemicals used in lawns and gardens. It can also help repel sand and small pebbles. It’s formula prevents paws from peeling and cracking, while giving better traction.
Sudden changes in your pet’s health and/or behavior should warrant an appointment with your best animal hospital Leesburg, VA.