How To Store Dog Food Correctly
How dog food is stored once the bag is opened can have an important effect on its shelf-life and freshness. Here are some tips to remember when storing dog food:
- Kibbles should never be taken out of the bag and transferred to a container. If you wan to place the dog food in a bin, do so by placing the food bag inside. Its packaging is specially designed to preserve the kibble’s freshness and flavors for a considerable length of time.
- Always keep the bag of dog food sealed even if it’s inside a bin or tight lid container. Air and humidity can affect its freshness and increase the chances of contamination by bacteria, milk, and storage mites.
- Choose a spot where it’s cool and dry to store the dog food. Always remember that sunlight and humidity are not good for pet food products for they can lead to food spoilage and contamination.
- Don’t keep kibbles with home and garden products because it can absorb the odors of these products and there is the possibility of contamination which can cause toxicity.
- Expired pet food should be disposed of properly.
- New kibbles should never be mixed with what’s left of the old one.
- Kids should never be allowed to touch pet food because their hands may be dirty and they may end up contaminating the product.
Your veterinarian Bee Cave TX is a valuable source of information when it comes to your pet’s diet and specific nutritional needs.
Visit this link to know more: https://beecavetxvet.com/