petsguide

Signs Of Antifreeze Poisoning In Cats

A common ingredient of antifreeze products, ethylene glycol, is very toxic to cats. Consuming even a teaspoon can have disastrous results. It can cause severe damage to the kidneys resulting in death of the cat. Signs of toxicity can be manifested in as little as 30 minutes. These signs include vomiting, depression/lethargy, seizures, incoordination and unsteadiness, and difficulty breathing. Without prompt veterinary intervention, the adverse effects can worsen over time until the kidneys fail. A cat’s changes of survival can improve with intensive and rapid medical treatment. 

If you think your pet possibly had access to antifreeze and/or is showing signs of toxicity, don’t waste any time in rushing your pet to the nearest vet clinic Lewisville, TX ASAP. To learn more, visit this link: https://coppellvets.com/

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic