What To Do If Your Cat Wakes Your Before Your Alarm Does
It’s certainly frustrating if your cat loves to wake you up before the alarm does, more so if you want to sleep in during weekends and holidays! Many experts classify cats as crepuscular, meaning they are very active at dusk and dawn. They got this trait from their ancestors who had to hunt for prey in the cooler parts of the day. Fortunately, there are ways to deal with your cat’s antics:
- Avoid reinforcing your pet’s behavior by ignoring him. Any attention from you, positive or negative, will only encourage your furball to engage in the habit.
- Block out the light inside the room by using thick curtains.
- Don’t respond to your cat’s behavior in any way. For a cat, a scolding is better than no attention at all. Any response, positive or negative, will only reinforce the behavior.
- Feed your cat later in the day and NOT when you wake up early in the morning.
- Give your cat adequate physical and mental stimulation especially during the day so he will sleep soundly through the night.
A sudden change in your pet’s health and/or behavior should be brought to the attention of your Longview, TX veterinarian. Click this website The Vet on 4th for more details.