petsguide

Batteries Are Harmful to Pets

Battery packs are toxic to people and animals when taken in. Batteries may contain lithium, heavy metals, and chemicals that can significantly damage the tissues of the digestive tract after ingestion. Caustic compounds such as potassium hydroxide and sodium hydroxide are also important components in alkaline batteries. Consumption can cause the formation of deep ulcers in body tissues.

Although you may dispose of used batteries properly, your pet can still have access to battery packs in your TV distant, cellular phones, or even in battery-operated toys. Batteries can also get stuck and cause obstruction along any part of the gastrointestinal tract of the animal.

If your dog swallowed a battery, you should never try to make him vomit. The damage to the tissues may aggravate because of the corrosive substances that the battery contains. Immediate attention at your vet clinic Bel Air, MD is needed to avoid serious complications. For more details click here.

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic