What Causes Cavities?
Have you ever had a cavity? If so, you're in good company. Cavities are actually one of the most common health issues in the world. While kids, teens, and seniors are most susceptible, anyone can get them.
There are a few things that increase the risk of getting cavities. These include:
- Tooth location Cavities happen most often at the back of the mouth.
- Certain foods and drinks Be sure to rinse with water after you eat.
- Snacking/Drinking Whenever you eat or drink something, the bacteria in your mouth become activated, beginning a chemical process that can weaken your tooth enamel.
- Late Night Snacks Liquids that contain sugar are particularly problematic, as they can stay on your teeth overnight. Try to stick with water only after you’ve brushed your teeth.
- Inadequate brushing
- Not getting enough fluoride
- Dry mouth
- Worn fillings or dental devices
- Eating disorders
To learn more about cavities and how to prevent them, call your dental hospital Miami Beach, FL today.